I love recipes that take very little thought and and preparation. Today’s offering is just that!!! My niece gets all the credit for this one as she let me sample some when we were at Lakeside in June. It seemed like the perfect Slightly Savory Saturday recipe. Do you agree??
Ingredients: 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 package taco seasoning mix or the equivalent of homemade taco seasoning
Scoops Tortilla chips
Shredded cheese–your choice
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. When quinoa is cooked—mix one package of taco seasoning into the quinoa and stir until well mixed.
3. Scoop a small amount into center of each Scoops tortilla chip placed on microwaveable plate.
4. Top with shredded cheese—as much or as little as you like.
5. Microwave for one minute , remove and enjoy!!!!
You can also add other toppings if desired but seriously—it is good enough just like this for me. The recipe makes a LOT and the leftover quinoa can be refrigerated to be used later for more delightful snacking!!!!
Thanks to Carla for introducing me to this great recipe!!!