Don’t you just love a good salad? I know I do and I found a recipe by The Pioneer Woman –Ree Drummond that I tweaked a bit to suit my tastes. Easy and tasty with a bit of a kick–this Kale Citrus Salad is a great addition to any meal as a side or as a meal in itself.
Kale Citrus Salad
- 1 bunch kale, leaves torn off stalks and cut into small pieces
- 1 whole jalapeño, seeds taken out and sliced very thinly
- 2 tangerines or clementines or orange—I used tangerines, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 ounces goat cheese ( I used mozzarella on my own bowl since I am not a goat cheese lover)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or grated
- 1 TBSP sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TPSP or more sour cream or plain greek yogurt—I used yogurt
Take the cut kale and place in large serving bowl. To make the dressing combine the orange juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a small mason jar. Shake until combined, add sour cream/yogurt and shake until creamy.
Toss the kale in half of the dressing, add jalapeño slices and citrus pieces. Toss until combined and add more dressing if needed.
Right before serving add the crumbled goat cheese and serve. Delicious.