Tacos in Pasta Shells
1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
1 package dry taco seasoning
18-24 jumbo pasta shells
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
Toppings: sour cream, avocados, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, black olives
- In a large skillet brown beef over medium heat until no long pink. Drain and add taco seasoning packet and water according to the packet directions.
- Meanwhile bring to boil in a large pot light salted water, add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain shells.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill shells with beef mixture and arrange in 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Pour salsa over shells. Cover with foil and back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheeses and tortilla chips. (I don’t think you really need the chips—I would have no problem omitting them from the recipe next time). Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes
- Top with sour cream and other toppings as desired and serve. If you put the toppings in bowls your guests can select what they want to use and the finished product is a lovely dinner. Serve with black beans and a salad and you have a great dinner.