1. If staying in a posh hotel (and maybe ANY hotel) make sure if you want to sleep like you are used to that you ask for a “french bed”. Otherwise you get something that is a little unusual—our king is 2 twins with separate bedding. We both have our own individual duvets—no top sheet. I feel like I am sleeping in a sleeping bag.
2. If you take the train make sure you get in the correct car. In other words, if you pay for second class don’t try to ride in first class. You will be told by the train dude and either have to move or pay the difference. They have the number 1 and 2 on the cars for a reason.
3. The taxis we encountered only take cash–no credit cards. Make sure you have some Swiss francs if you need to catch a ride.
4. Read all the directions and instructions that you can. If I had not read that the jacuzzi had a self cleaning function I would have really freaked out the other night after we went to bed and the jacuzzi automatically turned on.
5. Exercise caution with sitting by the lake reading. I got a little lobstery AND discovered that yes, you can tan through nylon….I have very weird tan patterns on my feet now.
6. Don’t walk around looking too self assured. I had 2 ladies ask me in German for directions yesterday AND a man asked me to sign a petition of some sort.
7. Take lots of money if you want to eat. Things are expensive here. Or at least in this area they seem to be.
8. Chocolate tastes better here.