There are days, aren’t there? Days when nothing seems to be going quite the way it was intended to go. Days when the littlest thing sets off a major avalanche of incidents that change the whole trajectory of the day.
It is those days that an attitude adjustment might be needed and I have written a couple of posts previously with some tried and true ideas for turning a day around when it is going south. Today please join me as I share yet another list of ways to make a bad day better.
- Whistle. You don’t even have to be good at it. Just whistle and it automatically puts you in a great mood.
- Play with a pet. If you don’t have one of your own go to the local humane society and play with an animal there. While you are at it sign up to volunteer –that always turns my day around.
- Read poetry. Even if you are not a poetry lover it is fun to explore a new poem and see how it can lift spirits. That is unless it is a sad one. Don’t choose a sad one.
- Do your nails in a fun color or slap on some Jamberry wraps. I love having my nails look fun and even if it takes a little bit of work it is so worth it. Shout out to my “Jamberry dealer” Katy who blogs at Learning As I Go.
- Talk with God. This is an easy and simple one. And the good thing? God is always there no matter what time of day.
- Smile at everyone you meet. A smile changes everything. It changes the people you meet and in turn changes your attitude as well.
- Dress in bright colors. I have a load of black in my wardrobe and I love the versatility of having basic black but honestly the bright colors are more of a pick me up than any black item I own. Bright = happiness. Just do it.
- List your blessings. How can that not be a pick me up? There are so many big and small blessings and acknowleging them is key.
- Find a friend to visit with. The saying is misery loves company but honestly spending time with a friend usually perks me right up when I need a boost.
- Have a dirty chai and read a book. One of my favorite hot drinks coupled with a good book and my day is turned around immediately.
- Change your routine. Change is not always easy but sometimes just mixing up your usual routine can really make a huge difference.
- Focus on opportunities and not the problems. This all goes along with the positive attitude and approach to life and really can make a huge difference. Focus on the positive opportunities and don’t let the problems that might be in your life hang over your head.
- Watch a funny YouTube video. There are a million. Here is just one.
- Walk barefoot in the grass. Perfect solution to a bad day. Let your feet feel the lovely grass and poof–all troubles vanish. Well maybe not all troubles but for a minute it is lovely.
- Eliminate one unnecessary thing from your schedule. We are all so over scheduled and busy. Even though I am not working a job right now I still find that I am stressed out over too many commitments and eliminating just one thing from my week has made me feel so much more relaxed.
Do you have some great tried and true ideas to add to my ever growing list? I would love to read them in the comments section and remember that all comments go to help our June Comments for a Cause.