Friday!!! Friday!! Friday!!!! Yippee! To celebrate the day I am going to participate in Hilary’s blog hop over at Feeling Beachie. Each week she posts 4 statements and we all fill in the blanks. Gives me something to write about and also the chance to get to know some things about some other bloggers I follow! Join in if you want and definitely check out her blog—she has a great one!!! So this week the statements are:
This week’s statements:
- Growing up, I was the only one in my family who____
On a typical morning, before I leave the house, I _______
No matter how hard I try, I am still afraid of _____________
___________ is the first thing I notice about people.
1. Growing up, I was the only one in my family who hated cooked carrots. And I mean hate with a passion. Actually it is an aversion to all orange colored vegetables. I despise them. My mom says that even as a baby when she tried to feed me carrots I would spit them out. I don’t mind them raw and I even could be convinced to eat squash raw but cook it and it makes me gag. Sorry to be so graphic this early in the day….but it is true. Can’t stand them and never will. Even posting this picture makes me gag…
2. On a typical morning before I leave the house I shower! Aren’t you glad??? Since I am currently not gainfully employed I don’t usually have a lot of typical mornings of leaving the house. When I do venture out into the big world I do try to take care of those general hygiene issues so I don’t assault the senses of others. And no…I won’t post a picture of my morning routine! TMI
- No matter how hard I try I am still afraid of snakes. I know they are more scared of me than I am of them. I know they will not hurt me unless they feel threatened. I know all of those things. My nephew had snakes as pets and they creeped me out. My sister actually took care of them when he went to school. Probably the biggest thing that creeped me out that he had was a Savannah Monitor that “escaped” one time when we were staying at their house. Not only did it escape –it probably walked over my sleeping sons in that room during its escape since they were sacked out in sleeping bags on the floor. Ugh. I did not relax until that thing was found and recaged!!! Yikes. No pictures posted of these delightful creatures either. I will spare anyone else who has this fear!
4. The smile is the first thing I notice about people. You can tell a lot about a person by their smile, don’t you think? And there are so many kinds. Nervous smiles, engaging smiles, full on face covering smiles, smiles which makes eyes disappear, the list goes on. I think a smile speaks volumes.
Check out these blogs for blog hops today!!!