The rains as of late have quite honestly gotten me feeling a little trapped and if I confess – a little blue. There is just something about continual rain and gloom that affects me negatively. Oh yes, the sun has poked out now and then and the past few days have been better weather wise but it reminded me that it is up to ME to turn that feeling around.
I have written other posts on how to turn a day around (you can read one of those here). I like to be the Queen of Positivity here on It’s Just Life so it’s time to offer up some more ideas of how to make an icky day better.
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers from the local farmers market and put them in a spot in your home where you can see and smell them. Fresh flowers are a staple in my house and they always elicit a smile from me as I pass by.
- Try out a new recipe and share it with a friend. Who doesn’t love to get an unexpected plate of cookies or pastry ? The end result is in the giving you receive just as much.
- Go see a movie you have wanted to see by yourself. I have started doing this occasionally and it really is a nice pick me up. We have a cute little theater in downtown Brevard and the afternoon shows are the perfect time to go especially when Chris is traveling.
- Sit down and write a letter or postcard to someone you miss.
- READ . It can be a book, a magazine, newspaper or anything but preferably something that takes you away from the reality of life for an hour or two.
- Take a long relaxing bath with some bath bombs or bubble bath. I recently made some homemade bath bombs and they are da bomb. (Giggle)
- Find a series to binge watch. My favorites right now are on Acorn TV which is the British option. I love the British and Australian shows that they feature and it is a great way to escape by spending a couple hours (Who am I kidding? A whole night is more like it.) getting lost in someone else’s drama.
- Buy something small but special for yourself. I love fluffy socks and there is nothing like a nice pair of fluffy socks to put on to make my feet happy.
- Use a facial mask to refresh your face. I buy discounted ones at TJMaxx or Marshall’s and they come in all kinds of fun looks. When the family was together for my birthday all 6 of us did masks including Chris.
If nothing else it made us laugh . I bet it makes you laugh as well.
- Treat yourself to a cup of your favorite steaming hot beverage (or cold beverage if it is too hot outside for a hot drink) and really savor the experience. Don’t rush it. Just sit and enjoy with no other distractions.
So there you have a list of ten ways to brighten your day and turn an otherwise dismal day into something special. It really does not take a lot and I find that there are a million ways to make things seem better if I just look for them.
Tell me – what do you do when you need to change the direction of your day? I would love to hear your suggestions in the comments. Remember each comment this month goes to help support our Comments for a Cause – The Corolla Wild Horse Fund. Click here to read all about it .