Long ago in a galaxy far far away I was nominated for a couple of blog awards.
These are fun little things that folks do from time to time to offer support to other bloggers and also give them something to write about. I am trying to get a backlog of posts completed and I am finally resurrecting this draft to get it finally written. I figured I would just consolidate both of the awards and do one post.
As usual I am not following any of the rules. But that’s okay. It’s my blog and I can do it however I want to do it, right?
The first award, Real Neat Blog Award, was shared with me by Darlene, my extremely talented author friend who blogs at Darlene Foster’s Blog. Thanks, Darlene, for thinking of me and tagging me for this fun challenge.
The rules of the ‘Real Neat Blog Award’ are as follows:
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
Nominate any number of bloggers you like, and ask them 7 questions.
Let them know you have nominated them
I am simply going to answer the questions and if you want to do it on your own blog simply use the same questions that Darlene asked me. I am trying to make this easy on myself, can you tell?
- What is your favorite season and why? My absolute favorite season is spring. Right when the leaves are coming out and the greens are vivid and bright. I don’t love the pollen which plays havoc with my sinuses but the beauty and freshness of spring make me happy and keeps a smile on my face.
- If you were given a plane ticket to visit any place in the world, where would you go? Gosh, this one is a hard one. I think I would go to Africa. I have always wanted to make that trip and I would hope that it would be a trip where I could witness the heritage and beauty of the land.
- What is your favorite savory food? Favorite savory food might have to be popcorn. Love, love, love popcorn. sweet food? That would have to be anything chocolate. I am especially fond of chocolate covered strawberries.
- If you could change your first name, what would it be? I love my first name . I am plain old Beth. No Elizabeth. No Bethany. I can not even think what I would change it to. I guess if I was pushed to say a name it would be something fun like Daisy. Now that would be a fun name, wouldn’t it?
- If you could be a character in a book, which one would you choose and why? Darlene asked some tough questions. I would want to be Nancy Drew. I loved those books growing up and loved Nancy’s tenacity and adventures.
- What is your one guilty pleasure? Don’t laugh or judge me but watching Days of Our Lives is definitely my guilty pleasure. I started watching it as a teenager when the lady I babysat for after school had it on and asked me to tell her what happened after she left for work. I don’t watch it every day but I do like to catch up on it now and then. Funny fact is that I got my mom hooked on watching it when I was home from college and she watched it for years and years and we would laugh about how stupid it was that we watched it. We would watch it together when I visited up until a couple years ago.
- If you could be any kitchen utensil, what would it be and why? A whisk so I could stir things up. Because who doesn’t want to stir things up?
The other challenge is a fun one that Cindy at Mama’s Empty Nest nominated me for. It involves one of my favorite things – quotes.
Here are the rules for the 3 Day 3 Quote Challenge:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote for three consecutive days (one quote for each day).
- Nominate three bloggers each day.
So since I am doing things my way I am going to just do this one my way as well. Not three but four of my favorite quotes all in one day. Thanks, Cindy, for sharing this challenge with me. I am always up for a good challenge.
Thanks to Darlene and Cindy for these fun challenges. Please feel free to do your own post and include these as well. Don’t forget to tag me so I can see your answers as well.
Each comment on any blog post this month means a 50 cent donation to the Corolla Wild Horse Fund. You can read about that by clicking here.