Wow—how did it get to be Friday already???? Joining in on Hilary’s Friday Fill In fromFeeling Beachie. Hop on over to her blog and join in if you want! Each week she features 4 statements for us to answer and this week the questions are as follows:
This week’s Statements:
- _____is my favorite thing to cook
I don’t know if I could still do it, but when I was a kid, I was really good at ____
The best thing about last week was _________
The worst thing about where I live is_________
1. Christmas cookies are my favorite thing to cook! I know that is really not cooking–it is baking–but I am taking cooking as anything that is created in the kitchen!!! When I was growing up that was something that I always did with my mom. She would make a lot of different kinds of cookies and most often they were also used as gifts to our friends. I have continued that tradition and even though my husband and I are “watching the sugar and calories” now, I still made about 15 different kinds this past Christmas. Most got given away and I even had a giveaway on my blog!!!
2. I don’t know if I can still do it but I was really good at being messy. Ha ha!! You did not expect that, did you?? I couldn’t think of any great feat I could do but I do know that I was very good at having a messy room. Ask my mom! Or my poor sister who had to live with me. Thank goodness my evil ways have changed!!! I am not OCD but I do like a neat and uncluttered house these days. I guess it is part of growing up???
3. The best thing about last week was that I got to see my family!!! I am so blessed to be able to be at a stage in my life when I am not working every day and tied down to a job. This means that I am free to travel a bit -sometimes with my husband and sometimes on my own. What this means is that I get to spend some great time with the family and that makes me very happy. I have the best family in the world—both our own sons and my side of the family along with the absolute best inlaws a girl could have. I do not take it for granted. I know many who do not have good relationships with their family and it makes me sad to think that they do not have what I have.
- The worst thing about where I live is most certainly the snow and ice and cold weather. I am not a fan. I know a lot of people love it but I don’t. I like the first snow and the winter and then I am over it. So over it!!! I try not to complain but I am not very successful at it. I guess I don’t try hard enough!
Hope you all have a great day!!! I was thrilled to find out I am the featured blog on Never Growing Old today! Java created a blog button for me which is now happily settled in the sidebar of my blog!! Thanks, Java, for the beautiful button and for featuring me!!! It was a great birthday gift!!!!
My month of comments for charity is almost to a close!!! Check out this post for more info.For each comment made on my blog this month I am donating 50 cents to the National Parkinson Foundation. I am way over my usual comments for the month so I am very excited about this!!! Feel free to comment today and tomorrow and I will post the total after I figure it ll out!!!!
Oh and enjoy the Royal Wedding—I am!!!
Don’t forget to check out both blogs today!!!