It’s going to be a light week when it comes to blog posts I think but I thought today I would give my readers some really great useless information that I found in a book entitled The World’s Greatest Book of Useless Information. Now you just never know when you might need to throw out a fact or two at a gathering and this might be just the ticket for you so read on and remember – what may be useless information today might help you win a trivia game.
1. A “keeper” is the loop on the belt that holds the loose end.
2. D. H. Lawrence enjoyed taking off his clothes and climbing up mulberry trees.
3. John Grisham is a distant cousin of former president Bill Clinton.
4. The board game Scrabble can be found in 1 out of 3 American homes.
5. Between one and two horse jockeys are killed each year while horse racing.
6. Four percent of the food people eat in a lifetime is consumed in front of an open refrigerator.
7. The darker an olive is, the higher the oil content.
8. The sun’s warming rays travel 93 million miles to reach earth.
9. The average lifespan of a human taste bud is 7 – 10 days.
10. People who attend church, synagogue, or other religious services once a week live to be an average age of 82 while non church goers live to an average age of 75.
11. Napoleon reportedly carried chocolate on all of his military campaigns.
12. In Iceland, tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult.
What you got? You got a piece of useless information for me? Let me have it in the comments and help to Comment for a Cause for Operation KeepSafe.