I LOVE quick and simple dinners and this recipe fits the bill for both of those. Flavorful and filling this dish is sure to please everyone at your dinner table.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 medium red onion cut into 1/4 inch slices (I used a mild white onion)
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 TBSP basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, herbs, pepper, salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat and transfer to sheet pan lightly sprayed with olive oil. Roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin cutlets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a large skillet with olive oil. When hot add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes per side until cooked . Top with roasted vegetables and add chopped basil for garnish.
- Perfect served with crusty bread and a green salad. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe
4 CommentsLeave a comment
Sounds totally yummy. I’ll have to try it once I get some food in the house!!!! Shopping is still a bit in the future. We came back to 2 weeks of tight schedule. Good thing we’re rested up, hmmmmm?????
I kind of doubt you rested up at all! Glad you guys had a great month and saw so many friends along the way. We loved having you.
Thanks for sharing! We need all the quick, healthy meals we can get.
This will fit that bill perfectly.