Ever want something savory to munch on while you are watching tv or on a road trip? Today’s recipe might be the ticket for your craving. It was always our oldest son Micah’s favorite snack growing up and if I want to make him happy I will mix up a batch and send it to him. It can be a bit salty so to try to reduce the salt content feel free to use unsalted popcorn, nuts and low salt pretzels.
Fish Snack Mix
- 3 cups popped pocorn
- 2 cups small pizza flavored fish shaped crackers
- 2 cups cheese flavored square crackers
- 2 cups pretzel sticks or shapes
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted mixed nuts or peanuts
- 1 0.4 ounce package buttermilk salad dressing mix
- 1 tsp dried dillweed
- 1/3 cup oil—I usually use canola
Mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Drizzle with oil and mix well. Place in an airtight container or ziplock bag to store. Store up to a week—-if it lasts that long!