Now and then on It’s Just Life I share some of the quirky and lovable things that my dear husband aka Mr. Diamond shares with me. He reminded me the other day that we have known each other 2/3rd’s of our lives now. We met each other when we were 18 so you can do the math.
When I think of how our lives together have kind of meshed over the years I just shake my head because we fit like two peas in a pod, go together like cookies and milk and complement each other like two coordinating Snuggies. Life has been quite a ride with this guy, my friends, but what a wonderful ride.
Living apart in different states is not the easiest thing to do in the world but we are managing, thank you very much, and perhaps that is why today I am spending a bit of time reminiscing and pining away a bit. To put myself in a better frame of mind I thought it was about time to share some of the wonderful Chrisisms that he comes up with that I jot down from time to time. I have enough new ones to make a list and I might just throw a few of my favorite ones in at the end if you are lucky.
Please enjoy. They are meant to entertain.
- I am a one fly man. (Obviously a fishing reference)
- At one point Chris told me that he really liked my dress. Said that it was a nice fly combo and that I could definitely catch some trout. (Once again—a fishing theme)
- God is one busy dude.
- I called the Grinch and “fed exed” my heart to him.
- If you have a plan for life then you definitely need a plan for death. (This one is actually pretty profound, don’t you think?)
- That boy might just be a GMA—genetically modified a**hole. (Sorry, Mother. )
- If this was a pirate ship we would be getting a new captain.
- There was a sticky spot on the restaurant table and Chris said it was “the remains of the day”.
- When there’s too much noise in the front office it is time to get rid of people. (Yikes!)
- I decided I am going to buy my tombstone early and put Chrisisms on it. (Gonna be a BIG tombstone, honey!)
Some oldies but goodies:
- Gotta dress like the worker bees or else they will sting you and drive you from the hive.
- If you’re gonna ride hard, dry off.
- I am a nerd herder.
- Sometimes the common sense isn’t too common.
- She needs to add onto her closet to hold all the skeletons.
- I think I have Prairie Madness
- I may have to work past death.
- And my personal favorite—-I am going to become a rapper and go by Hot Tea.
Have a fabulous day and enjoy yourself! Find something to laugh at and definitely give out a few smiles. They are free, after all.