Top Ten Things I learned after 7 days in Italy
1. The guide book was correct –if you like to use washcloths bring your own. Only the Molino Stuckey Hilton so far has had them.
2. When in Venice, especially, learn to watch where you walk. They don’t clean up after their dogs and with not much green space available they poop everywhere!
3. If you intend to drive– have nerves of steel! Motorbikes, scooters, motorcycles apparently have no rules of the road and can zip in and around however they want to—scaring the pants off the inexperienced driver!
4. If you are scared of tunnels—do not drive here.
5. If you are scared of the water –do not go to Venice!
6. Learn to order “still”or “sparkling” water and be prepared to pay for it—tap water is not an option.
7. If you need to find out some information ask at least 2 different people at 2 different times. The second usually is the one that you can depend upon being the right answer.
8. Bring along duct tape to adhere license plate to back window in case of being rear ended. Better yet—make it red.
9. Do not go through the Telepass lanes on the Autostrada. ALWAYS use the carte/cashe lane or else when you come to the paying booth it becomes a difficult matter to get them to understand and lift the gate!
10. Café Americana is about the closest you will get to “our” kind of coffee but there is always a good cappuccino to be found!