One of my most popular topics on It’s Just Life has to be my posts about Chrisims which are witty little snippets from my husband. Chris has a way of turning a phrase and over the past few years I have taken to writing these down and featuring them on the blog.
Sometimes they are serious and thought provoking and sometimes they are just plain funny. When he says something that is worthy of being written down as a Chrisism he nudges me to pull out my phone and write it down on my on going list. Sometimes the pressure is on to come up with a Chrisism but he performs best when he is not under pressure to do so.
Today let me offer the latest Chrisisms from my sweet husband. Enjoy.
- Recently when I was doing my social media thing and most likely ignoring him he said “You know we lived a life before the internet.”
- One night I dreamed that the people that bought our house in Iowa were zombies with limbs missing. Chris said he thought you needed a special visa for that. (The people who bought our house are from Peru and one of the things that was contingent on the sale was that they had to get a visa. Fortunately they did not have to get a special zombie visa.)
- We were driving through Georgia and were stuck in a traffic jam around Atlanta. Chris quipped “the devil went down to Georgia and stayed.”
- “Sand will go through a lot better than pebbles.”
- “My bacterium rule me.”
- “No all of the apples have rotted at the bottom of the barrel but some need to be made into applesauce.”
- “The beach is not real life.”
- “The quantified life sucks.” (Referring to counting calories.)
- “The term bat s*** crazy really means something in this county.” (We live in Transylvania county.)
- “I burned 200 calories tossing and turning last night.”
- When we were in Vegas Chris had an idea for a Topless Tapas restaurant —they would offer big plates.
There you have it–your Chrisisms for the day. I will keep you posted when more come out of his mouth.