One of my most popular topics on It’s Just Life has to be my posts about Chrisims which are witty little snippets from my husband. Chris has a way of turning a phrase and over the past few years I have taken to writing these down and featuring them on the blog.
Sometimes they are serious and thought provoking and sometimes they are just plain funny. When he says something that is worthy of being written down as a Chrisism he nudges me to pull out my phone and write it down on my on going list. Sometimes the pressure is on to come up with a Chrisism but he performs best when he is not under pressure to do so.
Today let me offer the latest Chrisisms from my sweet husband. Enjoy.
- Recently when I was doing my social media thing and most likely ignoring him he said “You know we lived a life before the internet.”
- One night I dreamed that the people that bought our house in Iowa were zombies with limbs missing. Chris said he thought you needed a special visa for that. (The people who bought our house are from Peru and one of the things that was contingent on the sale was that they had to get a visa. Fortunately they did not have to get a special zombie visa.)
- We were driving through Georgia and were stuck in a traffic jam around Atlanta. Chris quipped “the devil went down to Georgia and stayed.”
- “Sand will go through a lot better than pebbles.”
- “My bacterium rule me.”
- “No all of the apples have rotted at the bottom of the barrel but some need to be made into applesauce.”
- “The beach is not real life.”
- “The quantified life sucks.” (Referring to counting calories.)
- “The term bat s*** crazy really means something in this county.” (We live in Transylvania county.)
- “I burned 200 calories tossing and turning last night.”
- When we were in Vegas Chris had an idea for a Topless Tapas restaurant —they would offer big plates.
There you have it–your Chrisisms for the day. I will keep you posted when more come out of his mouth.
22 CommentsLeave a comment
Always entertaining at your house! I’d be afraid to let my husband publish any Dawnisms. 🙂
Good to see Mr. Diamond is still in good form. Had me chuckling!
He was happy he is published again. 🙂
Love them! Thanks for sharing and thanks to Chris for being such a good sport!
All very funny! Chris and I like “The quantified life sucks” the best!
Haha! Dad is hilarious. My faves from this bunch were the devil went down to GA and stayed, the quantified life, and burning 200 calories from tossing and turning (I wish that was true!)
I wish it was true as well! I could be a skinny mini !
I can’t even pick a favorite, there are many good ones. Thanks for bringing laughter into my morning.
Glad they made you chuckle. Now you understand why I have so much laughter in my life—I have my own comedian in house.
“The beach is not real life”— I think he has somethere there!
Yes! Yu get it, right? It is play time or something —not really what life is about.
These are great! I need to start a list of things my Motor Man says. But, so many of us really aren’t that funny unless you’re there when they come out of his mouth!
I totally understand what you mean. A lot of what Chris says has to be taken in context or sometimes it is just the way he says it. Thanks for stopping by!
I need t know the context of “My bacterium rule me.” And I can’t tell you how many times we’ve either said tapas or heard someone else say it and thought they said topless.
I think it had something to do with a visit to the bathroom…..big surprise.
Wait.. the beach life isn’t real??!! I was pinning my retirement hopes on that! LOL
Love hearing these. He definitely knows how to turn a phrase.
I’m with you — the beach retirement is the dream plan.
Always love Chrisisms! The beach isn’t real life is probably my favorite 😉
Hahaha topless tapas that serve big plates… Hilarious. The beach isn’t real life. Too true.
It is true, isn’t it? And would YOU go to a Topless Tapas place??? 🙂
Love these, as usual. My hubby feels the same way about my social media time.
I suspect all of our spouses can identify with that one.