I have quite a collection of fortunes piled up and thought I would share another installment of fortune cookie wisdom on the blog today. Enjoy!
- Your spirit of adventure leads you down an exciting path.
- You are able to sense new forms of beauty which deviate from the traditional.
- If the cake is bad what good is the frosting?
- You will inherit a large sum of money.
- An old friend will introduce you to new people and pleasures.
- Keep true to the dreams of your youth.
- There are dreamers and there are achievers. The difference between the two is action.
- You are loved for your belief in the goodness of mankind.
- Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.
- Others love your dramatic side.
- You are kind and trustworthy. Others often count on you.
- Financial opportunity lies ahead.
- Love is around the corner.
- Love never falters, never fails, and never holds a grudge.
- Find a quiet place to share stories of love and friendship.
- You do not have to worry about your future.
- You are sympathetic to the problems of others.
- Nothing in life is to be feared: it is only to be understood.
- You have natural grace and great consideration of others.
- The near future holds a gift of contentment.
Have you ever had a fortune worth remembering? If so–what was it???
29 CommentsLeave a comment
I don’t think I have had a fortune that I remembered but we do always love reading them and some have hit very close to home!
Sometimes they are pretty spot on and sometimes they are like horoscopes that can fit anyone at anytime!
I have not eaten a fortune cookie in years. Years, I tell you. Not that I don’t like them. But getting my husband to dine at an Asian restaurant is a major feat. Too many vegetables, you know.
Which of the above fortunes was most memorable for you? Or isn’t it on the list?
I will go eat Asian food with you—LOVE it, obviously. I think the most memorable one was one that Chris got when we were in PA for a job interview. It basically said that something good was going to happen and yep–he got the job and it was a very good thing. 🙂
I love this idea. You could put these in a basket and when you need a little encouragement just take one out! Like a little shot of love each day. Well, as much love as a tiny piece of paper is capable of, anyway! 😉
I need to do that—I have tons. I think this is my 4 post of fortunes so yes—-I have quite a few to choose from.
These are all perfect for you. #8 is right on. I wish I had saved mine over the years. They are good pick me-ups.
Thanks, Darlene. I love to see what the next one will say. They amuse me at times. One time when Chris was interviewing for a job in PA the fortune was right on the mark so I always think of that instance.
#17 seems to be a perfect description of you, from what we’ve heard over the years..lol
I had to go see what it was! Yes, it is fairly accurate, I would say!
Hahaha, I’d say..
I’ve saved three fortunes that really speak to me. They are:
1) You will have a long and wealthy life.
2) You will succeed in whatever calling you adopt.
3) Your dearest wish will come true.
I find fortune cookies fascinating (even if my son says all his friends chuckle over them by adding “in bed” to the end of each statement — ah, youth, heehee!!)
Oh yes—the “in bed” thing makes them even better. I have a friend who always added that to them. I love yours. Thanks for sharing.
I have thought about blogging the exact same thing only I’m so disorganized that I can’t find my various stashes of fortunes to write them out! 🙂 I think it’s silly that so many “fortunes” these days are just pithy statements. Kinda weird.
I agree—-so many of them don’t make any sense as fortunes at all!!!! But some of them stay true to what they should be and that is why I hang on to them all!
What a great idea saving these. I cannot even remember the last time I had a fortune cookie — or Chinese Food for that matter. There is no restaurants like that in my small town. Of course, now I am dying for some Sweet and Sour Chicken balls and a spring roll!
Best fortune cookie story EVER: I had just moved to New York City at the age of 23. I interviewed for and accepted a job at a French bank.
Going out to celebrate that night, I got a fortune cookie that said, “Wait for a better offer.”
I was DEVASTATED!
Fortunately, Sunday night, before my first day of work, we ate Chinese again. This time my fortune read: “Ignore Previous Fortune Cookie.”
Seriously! I was so happy. And it ended up being a great little job to get me started.
That is amazing! Totally amazing! I love the “ignore previous fortune cookie”! Brilliant!!! And it seems that it has all world out for you! I love it! Thanks for sharing!!!! It was the perfect start to my day to read this comment!
“Look forward to a great fortune and a new lease on life.” I don’t get many of these, but do enjoy reading them. This is one, and I liked it so much it is tacked on my inspiration board. I like #7 on your list; and am available to help you with #4. 😉
Thanks, Patti! I love yours!!! It is a perfect reminder that there is always something ahead to look forward to.
I have not kept any of the fortunes I have gotten but I do enjoy reading them. Some are good, some not so good.
make scence, some don’t
A lot of them do not make sense to me—-I wonder who comes up with them.
Love the cake one. I haven’t had a fortune cookie since I moved here.
I could send you a bunch…….I still have tons to post.
Cole stuck one on the kitchen wall years ago….Just release from your cares and have a good time. The “in bed” ending gives it whole new meaning. ♥
Indeed the “in bed” makes just about every fortune even better. Especially that one!
I don’t know – I forgot!