A blob of jellyfish???
I was thinking today when i read my sister’s email how unstressed about Christmas I am this year and i guess it is because it really does not seem like Christmas here. Sure there are decorations up and carols being played everywhere you go but it is kind of like when we lived in Florida—–not really in the mood when it is in the 80’s and 90’s outside! And let’s face it—-I am not doing the usual Christmas preparation here at all. No tree, no cookie baking, not much gift buying going on but you know–that is all fine!!! I do want to do some baking when we get to Ohio at Dad’s so hopefully I will get my fill of it then. I think the rest of my family must be taking my share of the Christmas stress—especially my sister who is going to have the whole gang there on Christmas Eve when she has 2 church services to prepare for and lead!!!
One of my friends commented to me that she would make me a box of things that I miss and you know—I really do miss some of that stuff but I have some things in Australia that I have found that I really like!
- Coral Trout–my new favorite fish
- Kleenex—they make them big and lovely here!
- Sweet Chili Sauce—very very yummy and when served with potato wedges it is delish!
- The sunshine 300 days of the year
- Living on the BEACH! Absolutely wonderful aside from the creepy crawlies!
- Birds –there are so many awesome kinds and their songs are unbelievable
- Outdoor markets where you can get the best fruit and veg
- Morning tea!
So those are a few things that I really like and instead of whinging about what I miss I will try to focus on the things that are great here!!! Tonight we are taking the boys out for a nice dinner and I am going to hopefully get a cake made to celebrate Chris’ birthday a little bit early since he always gets gypped on the Dec. 18th birthday!!! Hopefully that will happen!!!