Everyone needs a little change of pace from the ordinary and I am no exception. We eat a lot of chicken breasts in this house and sometimes it gets a little ho hum and boring. Today I offer you an easy recipe for Apricot Chicken which is a nice change from just a basic grilled option. Enjoy!
Apricot Lemon Chicken
1. Flatten 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves to about 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Combine 1 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground pepper and sprinkle over chicken.
3. In large skillet cook chicken in 2 tsp canola oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 170 degrees. Remove to serving plate.
4. Add 1/3 cup spreadable apricot fruit and 2 TBSP. each water and lemon juice to pan, cook and stir until syrupy, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve over chicken, sprinkle with grated lemon peel.