It has been a while since I have shared a few of my favorite things with you here on It’s Just Life. Every once in awhile I find some things that make my life so much better and I just feel like I need to shout their praises from the rooftops. But seriously, that really isn’t very realistic or helpful to the neighbors so instead I try to post on my blog so that anyone who stops by can share in my enthusiasm. So here we go in no particular order and obviously this is not sponsored by anyone but little ole’ me.
1. Chris’s new car has not only heated seats but COOLED seats. For this menopausal mama that is an amazing feature and with the quick click of a button I have cool air surrounding my body which is beyond words when a hot flash comes on unexpectedly. Seriously the most wonderful feature of his car and I am finding that I really love to drive his car a lot more these days.
2. Aaron told me about this new product called Lyve which is a great way to store all of the zillions of photos that I have on all of my devices. I chose the Lyve Home which sells on their site for $299 which may seem a bit pricey but is so worth it in my opinion. I was able to simply connect all of my devices where pictures are stored, including my phone, to the device and they automatically are saved and stored. The beauty of the Lyve Home is that it has an actual touchscreen and I can leave the display on so that the pictures scroll by continuously. I uploaded about 20,000 photos to the device and have them all saved in one single place now. You can also get the free app for your phone which is a great way to start without investing a lot of money. Check it out here.
3. These cute little beach themed items for my fairy garden were discovered on an Etsy shop Meg Makes It not too long ago. I love how they fit into my fairy garden perfectly and the great thing about this shop is that the shop gives a donation of 10% of every purchase back to Relay for Life to support cancer patients, caregivers and research. A shop after my own heart. Check her Etsy site out here. She has tons of great items for sale including journals and jewelry.
4. I found this amazing cell phone bag made by Samantha Grace Designs on a quick trip to Greenville, SC. She had a great display in a shop I stopped into and I loved it and used it that week at the beach when we were at Kiawah Island. The beauty of the bag is that you can actually use your cell phone while it is protected in the bag—the touch screen still works through the clear vinyl and I was able to stay connected while protecting my phone on the beach. I loved it so much I bought another one with my initials and a couple of luggage tags and a beach bag that will be getting a lot of use. Check out all of her products at Samantha Grace Designs. You won’t be disappointed.
5. Phone cases come and go and I am usually pretty hard on them but I have found that my favorite ones are the ones that do more than just hold a phone. Sometimes I don’t want to carry my purse and this type of case allows me to tuck some cash and a driver’s license and credit card in the pockets in the back. This one was purchased on Amazon for under $10 so I was pretty happy with it. You can see it here.
6. Finally a wonderful necklace that Aaron got me for my birthday (after I sent him a link) that I absolutely love. When I was at BAMC16 in Vegas in April I was able to have a professional headshot taken by a lovely and talented lady by the name of Lisa Lehmann. Lisa also owns a jewelry business by the name of Studio Jewel where she showcases some of her amazing work. I loved so many of her items but the Sideways Cross Necklace won my heart. I have worn it constantly since I received it and it is currently my favorite piece of jewelry . I didn’t take a very good picture of it but you can check out her website here to see better photographs of her items. This is the photograph from her site of my new necklace.
So there you have a few of my current favorite things. Tell me –what is one of your favorite things that you have found recently that makes you happy? Remember all comments this month go to support our Comments for a Cause for June–Shriners Hospitals for Children.