If you could write a letter to 2020 what would it say?
Our local library in Transylvania County is doing a great little project. The Community Postcard Project is a unique way to help document the year 2020. The idea is very simple. Pick up a blank postcard from the library (click here to print your own from home) and fill it with your year-end thoughts, reflections, hopes & musings. Return your postcard to the library by December 31 and they will be stored and not opened until the year 2030!
I have thought a lot about what I would write ever since I saw the news release about the project. I know a lot of people have a lot of negative things to say about 2020 and that is understandable. I get it. I truly do.
I haven’t written my postcard yet but I think I would like to focus on the positives of 2020. Here is a short list I have started working on.
- I have had more time with my husband, Chris, and it has been really nice.
- I have had the opportunity to spend more time reading which always makes me happy.
- We have spent more time outdoors exploring safe and new to us trails and places.
- I have experimented with cooking and discovering new recipes a bit more than during a “normal” year.
- I have been able to focus on fundraising efforts for others in the community who have been hit hardest by the pandemic.
- I have saved money on makeup. Not going out? Don’t need to get all gussied up.
That’s my list so far. Of course there have been negatives and the top of that list is being unable to travel and see family and friends but it is time to not be selfish and do the right thing and just stay home until we can travel more safely.
What would be in your letter? I would love to hear what you would include so please share in the comments section. Remember that each comment means a 50 cent donation to our Comments for a Cause – Emergency Covid-19 Combat Service.