It’s move week and I am excited. Posts are scheduled out but I have a habit of changing things up as things happen so who knows what you will read this week. What I do know is I needed to start the week off with some randomness to keep my fabulous readers up to date.
1. For the first time in about 12 years we will have a landline and not just our cell phones. It is very odd to me to think about this. It is out of necessity. We have absolutely no AT& T coverage in our new house. We have purchased a micro cell which will boost the signal but I am still doubtful it will work. We obviously will need to look into other cell service providers but for a while it is possible that I will not be able to receive texts and calls while in our house. That is going to be very difficult for me. I can’t keep you all up to date with minute by minute accounts on Facebook of what I am doing via my phone. How will I survive?
2. Buying a house in 2015 requires a lot of paperwork. Chris, bless his heart, is the one who did all of the uploading of documents for our loan for our new place. He counted 48 documents that had to be scanned and uploaded to the website for the loan company. The good thing is you can do it all electronically and there were very few items we had to really physically sign .
3. A bad haircut, or rather a haircut that did not turn out as you expected, sets the tone for the whole week and not in a good way. Didn’t I just write a post about Reflections? I needed a cut and color and found a salon to visit. Loved the girl who did my hair. She showed me pictures. I was ready for a change so I chose one picture. When she turned me around I have to admit I was shocked. It was nothing like the picture and nothing like I wanted. Sigh. My lesson I am trying to take away is that there are bigger things in the world to worry about than a too short haircut and I just need to get over it. I am trying. But it is proving to be difficult. I hate my hair now. Pray for fast growing hair. Any tips on a food to eat that promotes hair growth?
4. I always get banged up when we move. It’s a fact of life. I already have an amazing bruise on my arm where I pinched the skin between a couple of oversized things I was trying to carry in from the car in preparation for the move. It is gross and looks like someone punched me hard. They didn’t . I am just a klutz.
5. Thursday, August 20th will be an amazing day. We will go from being almost homeless to having a home again and I guarantee this one is going to be a really great home. I might be a little bit too excited about my front and back porches and my coffee and tea center we are going to have in the kitchen. We close on Thursday, get some things we bought locally on Friday and have all the utilities ready to go and then get our shipment of household goods on Saturday. Of course because we are going to be in a house in the mountains the delivery is not going to be as easy as the loading. Unloading will be done at the entrance to the development onto a smaller truck which will ferry our goods to our home in multiple loads. It is going to be interesting. But I am confident it will all work out great.
6. Life is best lived in the moment. I am in the “embrace the moment mode” right now and have had several conversations lately about living with no regrets and looking for every opportunity to be present in the moment. One of my words for the year is “BE” and I am doing fairly well at embracing that word this year. With a move I hope to “BE” present in the new place, embracing all it can offer. I am looking forward to being a little closer to my mom and other family members. I want to be able to spend more time with them whenever I can. I am also looking forward to being able to be closer to many of my friends that live in North Carolina. I am going to live my ordinary life in extraordinary ways.
So what about you? Any random things you want to share with me today? Go ahead and comment because it’s all for Comments for a Cause.