I found a book called “The World’s Greatest Book of Useless Information”. It is something that my brother in law, Carl, would like I think. So today I thought I would offer up some bits of wisdom from this book for your reading pleasure! There is a world of useless info out there just waiting to be told! Maybe some of it will start bouncing around in your brain instead of mine.
1. A “keeper” is the loop on the belt that holds the loose end.
2. D. H. Lawrence enjoyed taking off his clothes and climbing up mulberry trees.
3. John Grisham is a distant cousin of former president Bill Clinton.
4. The board game Scrabble can be found in 1 out of 3 American homes.
5. Between one and two horse jockeys are killed each year while horse racing.
6. Four percent of the food people eat in a lifetime is consumed in front of an open refrigerator.
7. The darker an olive is, the higher the oil content.
8. The sun’s warming rays travel 93 million miles to reach earth.
9. The average lifespan of a human taste bud is 7 – 10 days.
10. People who attend church, synagogue, or other religious services once a week live to be an average age of 82 while non church goers live to an average age of 75.
11. Napoleon reportedly carried chocolate on all of his military campaigns.
12. In Iceland, tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult.
That’s it for today. Amaze someone with your knowledge. If you have something to share that will amaze me please feel free to share in the comments.
4 CommentsLeave a comment
I tell my husband all the time that his brain is a library of useless information. He amazes me with some of the stuff he pulls out. I will have to see if I can find that book.
I love useless information. They are great for conversation starters. Some good ones here. Sad about the jockeys though.
This is a really interesting list. Chocolate. No tipping. Scrabble in one out of three homes. Fun to read this.
Interesting information. I will have to run these pass my husband. He loves this kind of stuff. Thanks for sharing.