I love anything with basil and mozzarella and this quick and easy recipe features both of these flavors in a light and delicious summery salad. The peaches are perfect right now and this is the perfect salad to serve with any meal but definitely a great addition to those grilled meals.
- 3 peaches peeled or unpeeled - your choice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves torn or cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls or whole cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg Can substitute powdered but I prefer grating my own.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Servings: small portions
- Cut each peach into 8 wedges and then cut each wedge in half.
- In a large bowl combine the peaches, basil and mozzarella. Pour oil over all.
- Sprinkle with grated nutmeg, salt and pepper and toss gently to blend flavors.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Salad can also be covered and refrigerated for several hours.
Share this Recipe
7 CommentsLeave a comment
This looks so delicious! Made me realize we haven’t eaten peaches all summer.
They are so good right now—I suspect the ones I got are from Georgia but they are so juicy and wonderful!
Very! And simple!
This would be a good way to use the excess basil growing in two pots (since I haven’t been able to cook this summer). We are just beginning to get some really good peaches here in Minnesota from Colorado. Peaches are one of my favorite fruits, except for the fuzzy skin, which I cannot tolerate on my tongue because of the texture.
Commenting for a cause…I actually think peaches are perfect the way they are, still warm from the sun after being skinned, gnawed off the pit.
Oh yes–the ones I just got are really wonderful just sliced up and eaten. I am very messy when I eat them whole. 🙂