One of the most popular post topics here at It’s Just Life has to be the always witty and inspiring Chrisisms. Chrisisms are simple phrases or sentences that my beloved makes at random times. I have an ongoing list on my phone of the witty things that come out of his mouth at times and judging from the number of Chrisism posts I have written he is witty a good deal of the time.
Sometimes the things he says are profound, sometimes enlightening, sometimes humorous but always they are perfect for the moment that they are said.
The latest batch is below. Enjoy.
- I was staying with Carlton keeping an eye on him before he moved to the care facility. He was down in the basement in his “lair” all morning and finally made an appearance upstairs at around 1 pm. I texted Chris to tell him that he had finally come up for the first time and Chris responded with a text saying “six more weeks of winter.”
- “It’s hard being a prophet because sometimes you get a crack in your ball.” (I think he was referring to being a fortune teller in this one. )
- I don’t really remember the context of this one but at one point Chris referred to himself as a “mono sexist”.
- “Cloudy skies in Ohio dull their brains” referred to the erratic drivers on the roads in Ohio during a recent visit.
- “If you can’t thin the herd you get a bad herd” . I think he might have been talking about people unfortunately in this one.
- “I am a man of faith but I need to see the action plan.”
- In response to our forgetfulness in our middle years that we seem to be experiencing at times Chris said “In another five years we will need to chip ourselves.” Speak for yourself, buddy.
- “I need some more horses in the stable. I have too many goats.” A work reference I am sure but not really sure what he meant by it.
- Chris blew me a kiss and kept doing it. I asked him what was wrong with him and he said he had the love bug which was much better than a stomach bug. (Awww—wasn’t that sweet?)
- Chris said that I was a GLITS –Girl Living in the South.
- When seeing a misbehaving youngster Chris immediately said “If he had been my child I might have left him in the woods.”
- A waitress asked Chris if he needed a warm up on his coffee and he said he was pretty hot already. 🙂
- One morning in particular Chris was a bit grumpy as happens with all of us when we have too much going on. He told me he was working on his curmudgeon badge.
- “I have found that ignorance is much more common than common sense.”
Other Chrisism posts can be found by clicking on the links below: